Jun 17, 2014

The Convention Adventure - Recky goes to Super Nova 2014




I took it upon myself that this year I would go to a convention of some description, crook neck or no crook neck..SO...Supernova was announced and thus  this would be the event to which I would wander off too.


Beam Me Up Kal-El member and sci fi associate extrodinaire Ian "Brock The Kasbah" Brock led me by the philosophical ring in my nose when we got there and much cudo's and a ton of thanks may be bestowed upon him for his efforts, I do know one (or two) thing(s) for certain...he has the patience of a saint and the endurance of Steve Monaghetti...

why you ask?.and here comes the only whinge of the weekend....WELL...as is the want of  a goodly percentage of convention attendees, you want to meet your heros or stars of your favourite shows and Brocky and I aint no different, we wanted to meet some folk and we were informed that we should join this PHENOMENAL line to purchase tokens to do so.

SO...on Friday avo, we duly lined up to purchase said tokens and within an hour of joining the line, we had moved, lets see, 2 1/2 feet.. MAYBE....its was at this point we decided to pull the pin and just look around and maybe join the queue later when it had shortened a tad.
Come many hours later, well, it was dark out, and the queue had not shortened at all...there were many the attendee with their gruntle's dissed, I can assure you, lots of people were saying that the organisation of the token thing was non existent...and after what I learned the next day, I have to whole heartdly agree.


Saturday lunchtime of day 2 rolled around and I was in the line to get an autograph off a WWE wrestler (which you didnt need tokes for) when I got to the top of the line, the nice lady in the volunteer shirt asked me if I was having a grouse time, I told her I was, apart from missing out on any and all opportunity to get any tokens...she looked at me, looked at my cane ( my neck was making my legs go wonky), looked at me again and said and I quote " the volunteers were told at the meeting that if they saw anyone in the token line with any kind of disablity, those novians were to be expedited to the front of the line forthwith so they could get their stuff"...I said, "well I wasnt, so I gave up and spent my token money on other goodies"...she apologised profusely...I told he rit was cool, wasnt her fault some of her cohorts only gave a rats arse about getting in for nothing and F**K everybody else.

She agreed and said she would report it none the less ..I thanked her and went and got my WWE auotgraphed pikky


TO COS PLAY OR NOT COSPLAY.....


I didnt do the cosplay thing, it aint me to be quite honest, but I got nothing but admiration for those that do...


and Supernova was chockers with the weird and the wild.... the pictures on the blog are just a few of the squillions that went to Homebush this weekend, I would of took more...

but my new digital camera wouldnt charge and my phone went flat after a few photo's....but what I got are highly impressive...

although I must admit to not knowing a whole lot about a couple of them..you'll know them when you see them

WHEN IN ROME...SHOP..
Since I couldnt get any tokens, I decided to splash the cash on other stuff ...thats one good thing about conventions...heaps of stuff you dont see at K-Mart, for instance I got...ahhh...here is the pics .










STAR TREK CONTINUES...apparently

Saw some of singularly most fantastic Trek based stuff on Friday night...


A bunch of fairly clever individuals have made a couple of episodes based after the original series went off the air, you know that time line...and aint they brilliant, absolutely brilliant...the showing was hosted by Grant Imihara, you know the fella from MythBusters, he plays Sulu in the further adventures and James "Scotty" Doohan's son has taken up his dads mantle and plays Scotty in this series....if you can catch the episodes do so...methinks their on you tube...hopefully, they will have a dvd out sooner rather than later.


THE PEOPLE THE PEOPLE PAID TO SEE

I must say there was a vast array of talent at The Dome for people to meet and or greet...


I mentioned some before , Michael Rosenbaum of Smallville fame, John Barrowman of Torchwood, Ming from Agents of SHIELD, and from Arrow Katie Cassidy and Manu Bennett showed up as well

And the older stars got a run as well with OO7 supplying Richard"Jaws"Kiel and aussie superspy George lazenby...and the ever popular aussie legend, star of Odd Angry Shot and Wolf Creek , John Jarrett.

And of course you cant have a Expo that had hundreds of thousands of Marvel comics for sale without their creator ..the mighty Stan Lee was there as well......EXCELSIOR !....



Some other stars who showed up were Rose McGowan, Jon Heder, Erin Gray, Terry Molloy, Steve Bacic


All in all...I guess it wasnt a bad experience, I wish my neck would of let me get to a few more panels and stuff ...but, what can you do.

Hell, might even go next year...especially if you can buy autograph tokens online

SOME OF THE WORLD CLASS VENDORS THAT I DEALT WITH 
(and their contact details)...google 'em






















No comments:

Post a Comment