May 24, 2016

MARVEL-lous MOVIES




As Im typing this , its almost time to go see X-Men Apocolypse on the Xtreme Screen at Erina Hoyts, and it got me to thinking about the vast array of movies Marvel have made and were they stand in order of craposity or brilliance , so heres my thoughts , and since Im not that big a believer in sticking to the established mythos, I reckon some of the movies are better than ubernerds  think they are...BUT ANYWAY.....Upwards and Onwards
I think i'll go by Hero/Heroine/Team, because...I dunno why...anyway




To be fair I liked the first one better than Ultron , but Ultron was still a cracker, I dunno why they killed off Quicksilver but the creation of Vision was beyond brilliant...the first movie was awesome from top to bottom, it made total sense and was a visionary masterpiece.
And how can you not like Loki trying to take over the universe, you just knew he was gonna get his arse kicked.




Now its fair to say thet Blade has been at the top of my hero list for a good long while plus im a vampire junkie, so he covers both bases , now the Wesley Snipe starring flicks have been a what i call a movie  sandwich, the 1st and 3rd were bread and the second was the filling in till we got to #3...BUT the action was damn fine in all 3 but number 3 is the winner of the trilogy for mine.




When I heard they were bringing Capt Steve Rogers to the big screen , two thoughts occured first  was I hope they do a better job than the godawful crap pile from the 90s and the second thought hell its Marvel studios , of course its gonna be better...and they done a good job...The First Avenger is just beyond brilliant and only with one or two minor tweeks to the actual story from the comics, Winter Soldier was a bit hard to take in first time BUT after watching the the blu ray a few times it has grown on me .  Just saw Civil War the other week and similar to #2 it will probably take a time or two to grow on me but it wasnt too bad either way.




Now, I personally dig the first two Fantastic Four movies, they pretty much stuck to the stroyline of getting the powers and the subsequent villiany of Doctor Doom and the interplay between the team was just like the comics, some people hate the Silver Surfer one, I dont, it made perfect sense to me ...then came that godawful mess of total bollocks in 2015, who at Marvel studios approved that f**kin crap, my god , it had no resemblance to the FF that Ive been reading for the last 40 years or so, I hope the guy got sacked for that creation...idiot.



For the life of me , I dunno why Hank Pym got the cranky old professor role when his always been Antman/Giant man to me, Im sure they had a very good reason, BUT anyway, a cracking tale none the less and might I add a superlative cameo in Civil War as well...top flick indeed





The Ghost Rider, talk about a 50/50 strike rate, the first mvie with Nic Cage as the devils favourite demon wasnt too foul to be honest, the second one "Spirit of Vengeance" was total utter tripe, it looked and felt like a euro art / action collaboration , it looked dreary and the stroyline was impossible to follow, I really tried to like it, but nup...got to give it a negative 879 out of ten stars..




Talk about a movie that divides opinion, I for one though the first starring Eric Bana wasnt too bloody bad actually, UNTIL, I saw the one starring Edward Norton, its blows the first one out of the pool as far as Im concerned, a thouroughly enjoyable smashing romp, and to be fair the new Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) aint to foul either




In my humble opinion, the precipice of Marvel Movies, How good is Downey Jnr as Tony Stark, his exactly as I pictured Tony Stark should be, glad they didnt play him like the 60s cartoon character, all three Iron Man flix have been the ducks guts and his appearance in the Avengers flix have been just as bonz...fan-bloody-tastic





Once again a comic hero done properly on the big screen, and all five times I might add, first came the three directed by Sam Raimi starring Toby MacGuire, all three were beyond brilliant with my favourite probably being # 2 with Doc Oc, but having said that all three are the ducks as far as Im concerned




Then came the the Marc Webb directed ones starring Andrew Garfield, initially I thought wait a minute you only just did 3 succesful flix, whats to re-boot?...but they did it anyway and to be honest the first one is a deadset ripper with the Lizard being one of the best on screen marvel villians ever, the second one wasnt quite as bonz for mine, Electro didnt float my boat neither did the Goblin and killing Gwen sucked but either way you look at it, the flick was way better than the 1978 one




Once again the gang at Marvel banged another big screen adaption right out of the ground...I have absolutely nothing negative to say about any of the xmen movies , although being a Dr Whovian, I have to question the multiple temporal paradoxes exploding through the multiverse since Professor X died in Last Stand but showed up in the future in Days of , but if thats my only complaint then thats pretty good ...right?




And trailing on the tails of the X-Men collection comes the Wolverine duo, starring Hugh Jackman as the adamantium skeletoned arse kicker,  X-men Origins was just fan-bloody-tastic, I hadnt really given much thought to Wolverines back story (he aint one off my regular hero reads) so if that flick is anywhere close to  spot on, its a pretty good story, then came Wolverine, I have to say, it started well, with Jackman saving the young japanese soldier and then went sort of sideways after that, I didnt get the japanese stuff or the villianous chick with the mutated gas glands, and the Silver Samurai was weird, interesting but weird...that might just be me, but anyway....




What can be said about the Chris Hemsworth Thor movies that are nothing but positive, the first one was exactly how I pictured Thor and Asgard should be, the second took about 25 minutes to get into but is now a regular watch , So, I guess Thor Ragnarok should be a absolute ball tearer then.




Now Ive heard nothing but crook things being said about Ben Afflecks Daredevil ever since it got made, I for one absolutely dig this flick, its brilliant, the Villians are great , the hero is beleiveable and the story made sense, Dunno what people are complaining about...Now as Electra, not a bad flick either But it doesnt go anywhwere, what was the point of it?, is Electra gonna show up again?...is Daredevil gonna show up again, who knows?...




An absolutly amazing movie, I wasnt holding any great expectations mainly cause I was never a Gaurdians fan, didnt hate them, just never heard of them really, so I was best pleased when the flick was an awesome event and it ties into the infinity stone thread running through the whole Marvel Universe , so im glad i saw it otherwise Id be totally lost.




all I can say is ..Oh dear, what a drizzling pile of bollocks, I usually get keen when Ryan Reynolds is gonna do a super hero m ovie and his playing of Deadpool in X-Men Origins was pretty bloody good, but this solo hit out for the ultimate assassin was a gigantic disappointment, who wrote the script ...the last time I sat through an hour or so of shithouse one liners I was watching a Rodney Dangerfield vhs tape...and the inclusion of two random Xmen made less than no sense to me ...yep, very very terrible indeed



Well, what can I say about The Punisher flicks , both had their good points, the first one was a fairly bonz way to tell the back story and the second was a blood soaked mass slaughter, I liked both with the first one coming in slightly ahead.









Like I said at the top of the blogaroo, Im off to see X-Men Apocolypse today and to say Im keen is an understatement, its gonna be fairly interesting to see which direction there going in when they come up against a uber-powerful mutant ....very intresting indeed
BUT there are a few other Marvel flix inbound that Im just as keen to see ...




If I had to pick anyone to be The master of the Mystic arts it has to be Benedict Cumberbatch...he absolutely screams Dr Strange, and if its anything like the animmated movie, its gonna be a deadset cracker.




Panther showed up In Civil War , and I have to say, he didnt quite grab me, maybe cause my favourite jungle defender is The Phantom, I dunno , But fair due, he done a good job in Civil War so lets see what happens.




So, the Infinity stone storylines are starting to coalese into the big finale , Gaurdians had a finger in that pool as did Captain America and Thor , so this Infinity war series should be mind melting


So there you have it ...my thoughts thus far...do with them what you will



















No comments:

Post a Comment